5 Oct 2012
Renovating can be a fantastic way to help add value to your home, but you don’t need to totally overhaul a property to make a positive impact on buyers.
It usually only takes a few simple improvements to help make a big difference to a property’s appearance, so here are some tips that you might like to use for your home:
- Repaint – Painting is an easy way to update a property and it is normally quite affordable if you choose to do it yourself. If you’re about to sell, remember to choose neutral colours so that your colour scheme appeals to most buyers’ tastes.
- Update your floors – Old floorboards and stained carpets don’t look very appealing, but if you get your floors professionally cleaned or replace them completely, you are bound to improve the presentation of your home.
- Fix up the kitchen – Refitting an entire kitchen can be a big job, so ask yourself if there are any small fixes that could help improve the kitchen’s appearance. Could you simply replace the splashback or get new kitchen appliances installed? Adding an extra shelf can also be a good idea if your kitchen has a small amount of bench space.
- Take a look at your bathroom – Bathrooms can be updated with new taps, sinks and toilets, or you might also like to improve your bathroom’s look by painting the existing tiles. There are paints available specifically for painting tiles, as well as grout pens that can be bought to paint over stained grout.
- De-clutter- By de-cluttering you can instantly make your home feel bigger, cleaner and fresher. Tackle one room at a time and clear away any junk or other items you don’t need or want.
- Update the front entrance – People will make an impression of your house as soon they walk in the front door, so it’s important to make sure your entrance is clean and tidy. You can update your entrance easily by doing things such as repainting your front door, providing a welcome mat, or updating furniture.
- Tame the garden – Most people in the Padstow to Picnic Point area like to spend a lot of time outdoors, so it’s important to make sure you have a presentable outside space. You should mow lawns, prune trees, pull out weeds and clean the barbecue and any outdoor furniture. You may also need to fix or replace any loose pavers or fence palings.
There are plenty more ways you can update your home and help improve its presentation, so if you would like any more value adding tips then please feel free to contact us at Chambers Fleming Professionals Real Estate.